CSR & HR Activities
Pure Purpose- Our Social Responsibilities
SRK is committed to ‘giving back’ to the society and believes in contributing in the Education, Health, Social, Ecological and National welfare sectors. Thus, for orchestrating a grand tomorrow, we have initiated various activities as a part of our ‘Social responsibility’ domain:
1. Education initiatives- Institutional Tie-Ups and Programs
- IIM-A & SRKKF Annual Lecture Series: We have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with the renowned Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A) for dissemination of knowledge and wisdom of individuals from various fields.
- Distinguished PGPX Faculty Award: This is an award given to a meritorious teacher for his/her outstanding achievement or contribution in academics and other socially relevant areas, as determined by a special Jury.
- Skill Development initiative: We are running a skill development program for imparting training about cutting and polishing diamondsunder our authorized training center – Shree Ramkrishna Research and Knowledge Institute of Diamonds (SRKID).
- School Empowerment Program (SEP):It is our privilege to adopt 5 schools under this program. We regularly visit the schools and contribute our little part by providing stationery and some basic amenities; the focus being in the enhancement of infrastructure, human resources, technology and skills besides academia.
- Research Scholarship Program:The Research Scholarship is provided on the basis of academic merit, quality of the research proposal, and potential of the candidates and the impact of their research work for societal development.
- Believing in the need to respect and acknowledge polymaths of 21st Century, we perform the role of a bridge among scholars and individuals from society under the project ‘Wisdom – A series of lectures’ for intellectuals, academicians, thinkers, writers,creative artists, businessmen,scientists, and young entrepreneurs to come and interact with the curious public.
2. Healthcare facilities and support
- To commemorate the visit of erstwhile President of India, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam at SRK in 2013, SRK-Kalam Health Project was initiated by us. In this project, the physical check-up along with health parameters of more than 1,00,000 individuals in Saurashtra and other tribal areas of Gujarat was carried out. The findings of this research project has been published in ‘Nirmaya Health Report’.
- The Matrushri Nanduba Popatbhai Medical Centreat Surat treats patients at relief rates, has more than 40 expert visiting doctors for consultation and offers physiotherapy, X-ray, sonography, pathology and laboratory services. In addition to this SRK runs a 300-bed, fully equipped hospital with all the latest amenities, critical care units, individual departments and more than 100 specialist doctors along with a full complement of staff, technicians, diagnostics and emergency vehicles.
- We team up withNanduba Medical Center to battle the various health issues faced by the tribal communities under the initiative named “Sarvarog Nidaan Medical Camp”.This yearly initiative aims to serve the tribals of the various regions. Over the last 25 years, we have donated items of clothing, toys, food packets, and various other needed materials to the deserving people.
- Quarterly-held medical camps are organized in order to reach out to those who may not have heard of our health centre's services. Eye check-up, diabetes, tuberculosis camps and blood donation drives are just some of the initiatives we have undertaken over the years.
3. Community Welfare and Agriculture programs
- Tapi River Cleanliness Drive- We take pride in the fact that during natural calamities and war, we have rose to the challenge of managing and restoring disaster-stricken areas. The villages of Lutavadar and Maniba in Kutch, Gujarat were fully restored after a devastating earthquake in 2001.
- Brave hearts of the Kargil war were commemorated posthumously by extending financial aid to their next of kin.
- We have launched several Agricultural and allied industry projects that involve saving water and energy projects, advanced farming awareness, etc., and have established helpdesks in remote villages like Lathi in Gujarat to provide free consulting to farmers on government policies that can benefit them.
4. Acknowledging the Humanitarians
It is SRK Teams’ great honour to recognize the very special people who work tirelessly for the benefit of human race with the prestigious “SantokBaa Humanitarian award”. Glorifying them is our way of saying, on behalf of entire human race – “You Inspire Us!” So far we have conferred this award to 13 luminaries.